Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation
Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation is a non-surgical method of helping to reduce the signs of ageing. It has gained popularity as the 'it' facial therapy, becoming more widely accepted as more celebrities have been endorsing its benefits. From #GwynethPaltrow #KimKardashian #JenniferAniston #AliciaKeys #LisaSnowdon #SandraBullock #MillieMacintosh to name a few.
Though Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can sometimes be referred to as an Acupuncture Facelift, it is much more than a cosmetic procedure. The needles are specifically placed for the individual needs of the patient and designed to help to move blood, energy & stagnation so the 'whole' body can not only look but also feel younger. The Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation treatment is still based on the principles of TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) & involves the insertion of small thin needles into particular areas of the face, ears, neck, & legs along channels or meridians of energy called Qi (pronounced chee).
Chinese view the human body as an organic system where the internal organs are interdependent and connected through the meridians with the sense organs, muscles, bones and skin. The ears are an integral part of the body and are connected to the meridian system as well, and different points reflect different parts of the body.
- There is a plumping & moisturising effect on the skin because of increased local circulation of blood to the face.
- Improved muscle tone & dermal contraction (tone of the skin).
- Increased collagen & has an effect on its dispersal.
- Helps reduce bags under eyes- (kidney deficiency adrenal exhaustion).
- Sagging jowls (spleen deficiency).
- Eliminate fines lines & can decreases heavy lines.
- Improves hormonal balance (acne)
- Moisturises skin by increasing circulation of oxygenated blood
- Increases facial colouring.
- Reduces double chins.
- Tightens pores.
- Brightens eyes.
- Helps open up the eyes.
- Reduce stress evident on the face.
- Promotes overall health & well being.
- Brings out the inner glow beauty shen.
- Slows ageing process from within.
- Benefits eyes, ears.
- Laser -wait 3 weeks
- Bleeding disorders
- Pituitary Tumour/ Cushing syndromes
- Migraines symptoms
- High blood pressure symptoms (Can raise a lot of yang to the head)
- Diabetes mellitus (stomach fire)
- Acute herpes breakout
- Acute allergic reactions
The first treatment can 'wake up the face', but it is most effective as a course of treatment. Generally, a course of treatment consists of 6 to 12 sessions. The effects become most noticeable & lasting on the 6 treatment, especially if it can be done on a weekly basis. Each person responds differently, depending on his or her condition & lifestyle prior to & during the series of treatment. Each treatment is tailor made for patients individual concerns.
Following the initial course of treatment, maintenance sessions can further prolong the results.